"Please let me never forget how rich my wonderful life is right at this moment. Please let me never forget that all I have is all I need. Please let me never forget to give thanks."
- from SIMPLE ABUNDANCE by Sarah Ban Breathnach
Gratitude Journals are certainly not a new concept. I've heard of them on several occasions throughout the years but I've never really started my own. Today is the day my Gratitude Journal begins. I'm not an expert, but if you want to learn more, click here. I think it's a great way to start off a Monday, regardless how you are feeling. And, it sets the tone for the rest of the week. When we begin to write down for what we are grateful, we begin to look at our lives, and ourselves, differently. Gratitude gifts us with new eyes that open to a whole new world and attitude. If you take the time to thank the Universe for all that has been given to you, then, in time, more will come your way because of your appreciation of the present. So, if you would like, join me every Monday as you start your own Gratitude Journal. You can leave a comment here with your own entries, or go buy a beautiful blank notebook that you can use to write down your own entries. But be committed to it. Schedule it every Monday and don't miss your meeting with yourself. Whether you do this publicly or privately, doing so will change your life.
I'll be sharing 5 entries each Monday and I encourage you to do the same. Nothing is off limits when it comes to gratitude so thank away!
1. I am grateful for the peace I have in my life. No drama makes for a happy person.
2. I thank God daily for the family support and love I have surrounding me at all times.
3. I am grateful for the hot water that runs through my showerhead.
4. I am grateful for the clean water that flows through my faucets.
5. As this is laundry day, I am ever so grateful for the washer and dryer I have to clean and dry our clothes and not go down to a river somewhere and start rubbing.
Go ahead, get your Gratitude Journal started today by "Commenting" your list and sharing with others.