Monday, September 10, 2012

Gratitude Journal Monday

How lucky we all are to be born with the fruit of the Spirit already planted in us: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humbleness, and self-control. It's just there, waiting to be harvested. But, growth doesn't happen overnight; it takes care and time to get a good harvest. As we nurture our souls, we develop our own fruit and, one day, harvest a good crop to feed and nourish others. Just like grapes growing on a vine, we are not here for ourselves, but rather for others to partake in what we have to offer the world. How is your yield lately?

296. I am grateful I have learned to share my fruit so it may nourish others' lives.
297. I am grateful my fruit of the Spirit continues to grow so I may yield better harvests.
298. I am grateful I have improved on love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, and faithfulness.
299. I am grateful I have an opportunity each day to be better in patience, humbleness, and self-control.
300. I am grateful that I already possess all of these gifts (and so do you); we just have to learn how to harvest them.

It's going to be a "grape" week!

Wondering about starting your own Gratitude Journal? Click here.

1 comment:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Great post Lily. I'm trying to improve my harvest these days as well. Your post reminded me of a friend of mine. When I would say with much frustration "Lord grant me patience." She would warn me that if I asked for patience, I'd be given many opportunities to use it. It was mean tongue in cheek of course, but it is true. I won't get better at it if I don't have any opportunity to practice. (ugh!)

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design