|Even brokenness still finds purpose - it's nature's way.|
Lean close, friend, I want to warn you. Gratitude has a tendency to change you. It will change your perspective, it will change your heart, and it will penetrate your soul. Just like the cut stump in the picture above, you too will have unusual growth where, logically, there should be none. We're stumps ourselves at various times in our lives. We've been standing tall and proud, then, one day, we find ourselves cut down, feeling we have nothing to offer the world at that point, nothing to tower over, nothing to contribute. But, just like that stump, we can become a place for growth, no matter how unusual or nonsensical it may seem. No matter how broken you may feel, you are still full of offerings to give to the world. Create your own growth in unusual places and you will thrive in the most impossible of circumstances. A gracious heart will help get you there. Simple thank you's start the seed.
301. I am grateful for today's day-off, so we can finish up some to-do's at a more leisurely pace.
302. I am grateful to have a husband that has become our family's entertainment director - somehow we switched roles on that one and he's doing a great job!
303. I am grateful we are blessed to be able to dream about our wants because we know we truly already have all we need.
304. I am grateful for my beautiful, little family of 3 - we keep it tight.
305. I am grateful for a wonderful, long-time family-friend that took the time to make us an awesome meal and delicious dessert while sharing his spectacular 3-D TV with us - we've never seen Harry Potter so real!
If you'd like to see the seedlings of my gracious heart, please click here.
I hope you are blessed with some leisure, a little entertainment, and time with friends this week!