Friday, April 26, 2013

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 92.

Goodbye really hard week; a good week, but a hard week.
Goodbye juggling Kiddo's 3 dress rehearsals, Opening Night, a huge Math Project, fighting a cold, and keeping up with homework deadlines (I'm not sure how he did, but he did).
Goodbye being so proud of Kiddo and how he handled it all and me worrying if this is what Middle School is going to look like EVERY week?
Goodbye fantastic Opening Night of the school musical AristoCats; these kids have talent - BRAVO!.
Goodbye being especially proud of Kiddo's performance in the male-lead role: Thomas O'Malley, the alley cat.


Hello lawn mowing over frosty grass blades - what's wrong with this picture?
Hello revisiting an Amish bakery we discovered that has THE.MOST delicious donuts we've ever tasted.
Hello celebrating Kiddo's accomplishments this year with pizza and icecream.
Hello getting ready for May where I have not one square of white space on my calendar.
Hello trying not to blink because I don't want to miss a thing in this beautiful, blessed life I've been gifted.


My lesson learned this week is how much I'm going to miss all of this when my son goes off to college in less than 7 years. What's all of "this"? "This" is chauffeuring to baseball try-outs, answering homework questions, juggling schedules, enjoying shining performances and seeing hardwork pay-off. "This" is shuttling back and forth, grabbing breakfast on the go, all coming together in the evening to enjoy dinner together as a family, and winding down the hectic days with a soothing read-aloud from Super Hubby before Kiddo dozes off to sleep. "This" is sharing our day on the drive home from school, revealing the latest fifth grade puppy love news, watching Kiddo experience moments I hope he'll never forget because I know I won't. "This" is actively supporting dreams, encouraging hope, and being there to help pick up the pieces when it doesn't go as planned some times. "This" is parenthood and it's the best part of my life thus far. I want to breathe it all in, I want to thoroughly enjoy the time, recording every sense in my memory, so, when I look back, I will have a treasure of a life to fill my aged heart where I can smile and say, "I didn't blink."

 
       

2 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Everybody wants to be a cat!

I am LOVD said...

Suzan, you are awesome! And now, thanks a lot. I thought I would have that song out of my head but now you put it right back in there...everybody wants to be a cat!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design