It's Monday and my throat is on fire. I'm not congested, I'm not ache-y. I just have this pain of a sore throat that keeps reminding me how I want to take a back scratcher and plunge it down my throat like a carnival act. Ugh! It reminds me how much I take good health for granted. A couple days ago I did not give my throat a second thought. It was just there, doing it's thing, without nary a whisper of conceit. This week, it's crying out to be heard. And, I notice you sweet, sore throat. I notice your cries for attention. Perhaps a couple of spoonfuls of honey would make you happier? Perhaps some soothing raspberry tea? I will get it for you because I want you to be unassuming once again. Sweet throat, just because I don't pay attention to you, doesn't mean I'm taking you for granted. So, I start today's gratitude declarations by honoring my health and hoping it returns to me soon.
456. I am grateful for the health of each body part that allows me to not think about it.
457. I am grateful for simple pleasures like cradling hot water bottles and sipping hot teas.
458. I am grateful for light traffic and easy drives into school making Monday mornings tolerable.
459. I am grateful for Kiddo's quick recovery from a cold last week that didn't interfere with Opening Night.
460. I am grateful to have wonderful, caring people as clients who appreciate my work just as much as I appreciate helping them.
Starting a gratitude journal? Click here to see my beginnings.