Monday, April 29, 2013

Gratitude Journal Monday

It's Monday and my throat is on fire. I'm not congested, I'm not ache-y. I just have this pain of a sore throat that keeps reminding me how I want to take a back scratcher and plunge it down my throat like a carnival act. Ugh! It reminds me how much I take good health for granted. A couple days ago I did not give my throat a second thought. It was just there, doing it's thing, without nary a whisper of conceit. This week, it's crying out to be heard. And, I notice you sweet, sore throat. I notice your cries for attention. Perhaps a couple of spoonfuls of honey would make you happier? Perhaps some soothing raspberry tea? I will get it for you because I want you to be unassuming once again. Sweet throat, just because I don't pay attention to you, doesn't mean I'm taking you for granted. So, I start today's gratitude declarations by honoring my health and hoping it returns to me soon.

456. I am grateful for the health of each body part that allows me to not think about it.
457. I am grateful for simple pleasures like cradling hot water bottles and sipping hot teas.
458. I am grateful for light traffic and easy drives into school making Monday mornings tolerable.
459. I am grateful for Kiddo's quick recovery from a cold last week that didn't interfere with Opening Night.
460. I am grateful to have wonderful, caring people as clients who appreciate my work just as much as I appreciate helping them.

Starting a gratitude journal? Click here to see my beginnings.
      

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Try heating up some water, adding some lemon juice and honey, and swirling in a dash of cinnamon and ginger. Feel better!

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Don't forget "the Recipe"...chicken broth, ginger, lemon. Easy and so soothing! Feel better soon dear friend!

Amanda said...

Hi! I found you from the Lisa Leonard link party.

I hope you feel better soon. It seems like everywhere I go someone has some illness that is just clinging on. My oldest is getting over hers. I hope you feel better soon.

Also, I love your blog design. I'm in the beginning stages of upgrading mine, and so I always take a look at that right away, and yours is so pretty.

Have a nice week!

I am LOVD said...

Thanks so much for all your wonderful advice! The ginger is a new one on me, but certainly worth a try! It's coming from sources I rely on:-)

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design