It's Monday. The final free Monday of summer break - boo hoo! I feel pressure to have the funnest week of summer ever, but there is stuff to get done: laundry, bill-paying, grocery shopping, bed-making (and that last bit of the huge math packet due on the first day of school - sheesh). I'm not sure why I feel this way? It was a great summer; a really, truly great summer. But, still, when anything enjoyable comes to a close, your heart sinks just a little and you want to wring out that last drop before it completely dries up. (Remember how you felt that last day at Disney?)
But, here we are, heading into Autumn. The days are as long, or as short, as they were 3 months ago when summer break first began. But this week, I know, will fly. The days will seem unusually short, and by Friday, I'll wonder where the week went? So, I hate to run, but let's get this Gratitude Journal going so I can get to some juggling of fun, chores, and errands. Multi-tasking has become my lifestyle, so let's go!
276. I am grateful for the sweet time I spent with my Dad yesterday - he's so fun!
277. I am grateful for the beautiful summer we had and all the inventive mini-staycations we indulged in throughout the break.
278. I am thankful for the time I make to read The Bible - I have to do it on purpose, but I do it and it fills me with peace.
279. I am thankful God loves me whether I take the time or not - but I know the effort I do put in benefits me, not God.
280. I am a teensy, weensy bit thankful school is starting again because routine can be a good thing.
Click here to learn why I started my Gratitude Journal.
Are you happy or sad that Fall is coming fast?