I'm never a happy camper when the school bell rings loud once again. I love having our son home, our days an open road of possibilities. This summer was low-key, no vacation highlights to speak of, but, oh!, so many memories to tuck away in our hearts. For me, our perfect summer day was lounging in PJ's until noon, opening all the windows and having the summer breeze flap the drapery sheers in a dancing motion; breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the deck, reading in the shade, indulging in the extravagant taste of a fresh peach, and getting excited over the captivating call of an ice cream truck as it plays Music Box Dancer. I think the days we most cherish are the simplest. I pray the majority of my days on Earth are as simple as just being, and enjoying being. I hope I always continue to appreciate the simplicity of life's days and label them as extraordinary.
281. I am thankful the school year is starting, again, because it is time.
282. I am grateful for a fun-filled summer exploring our local area and discovering some spectacular sites.
283. I am grateful our school community is like an extension of our family.
284. I am grateful for spur-of-the-moment playdates at the bowling alley.
285. I am thankful for friends, new and old, and those yet to be - what a blessing!
I began my Gratitude Journal, click here, over a year ago and it has truly changed my perspective on life. Start yours and discover how it can transform you, as well!
What simple things in life earn your gratitude?