Thursday, May 9, 2013

Feedburner Folly

This post is dedicated to LOVD's e-mail subscribers.

Welcome back, e-mail subscribers. I know many of you thought I was taking an extended bloggy break, but no, that was not the case. In fact, I've been here all along, blogging everyday, Monday through Friday, and many of you have been missing it because FeedBurner, Google's e-mail subscription engine, decided to stop sending you your daily dose of LOVD! I tried fixing it on my own, but couldn't. I tried dealing with customer service at FeedBurner, but to no avail and lots of frustration. But, what can you expect when you get something for free?

I thought all was lost for my e-mail subscribers and was just about to consider switching from FeedBurner to MailChimp, when all of a sudden, I get this in my e-mail's Inbox just yesterday.


I contacted many of my e-mail subscribers to find they had received the same e-mail! One e-mail listed ALL the posts that never made it to my subscribers! My apologies if you were a bit flabbergasted and overwhelmed! Um, FeedBurner, what the...?

I know your waking thought in the morning isn't, "I wonder what LOVD has to say today?", so, unless it comes to you via e-mail, you're not really thinking of going directly to the website to check the latest post (no, I'm not offended. A little hurt, but not offended). There are other ways you can be sure not to miss a day. You can join GoogleFriend Connect, you can "Like" LOVD on Facebook (each post is listed daily), and you can find each post at LinkyTools. All of these options are to the right. See it?

I have no clue if you'll even get this post in your Inbox today? And, if you do, I don't know if it'll work tomorrow, or even next week? FeedBurner is too unpredictable so I will be investigating MailChimp when I get some time over the summer. For now, cross your fingers and hope this hiccup has been fixed.

In any event, welcome back LOVD e-mail subscribers! Let's hope this lasts!


  

   

2 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Every weekday morning after I look on Facebook, check my blog stats, and then I see what LOVD has to say. :)

Suzan Wood-Young said...

....yes, English is my first language.

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design