Monday, May 13, 2013

Gratitude Journal Monday

It's not even 9:00 in the morning yet, but my Monday has been, well, a Monday. One of those stereotypical days that "jumpstart" you out of that relaxed, easy-going hangover from the weekend. The luxury of rest is gone and the heart-thumping beat of the week is upon us. In the midst of the morning bustle to get to school on time, my car refused to start. Quick thinking has Kiddo grabbing Super Hubby's keys, confiscating his car, and we hit the road. We get there on time, I call the dealership to prepare for my soon-to-be visit.

When I get home I grab the jumper cables and hook it all up only after I watched a YouTube video to make sure I was doing it right. (How did we ever know how to do anything before YouTube?). With a quick prayer and a crank of a key, my Honda Odyssey with 125,000 miles on it revs up like a purring kitten. When the car is finally juiced with electricity I notice a light in the way back of the van that was left on. It must have moved to the "on" position when Super Hubby and I  retrieved an 8-foot folding table from my parents on Saturday for Kiddo's upcoming birthday party.

I call the dealership, cancel the appointment, and begin to feel many emotions. First, I'm a little proud of myself that I didn't over react to the situation. I was calm, cool, and collected. So much so that I took care of it myself. Super Hubby is still sleeping and has no idea what my morning has entailed. Second, I feel relief that my day won't be spent at a car dealership waiting around for an answer to my car's issue and a huge repair bill to go with it. And, finally, I'm most grateful for simple fixes. Gosh, I love jumper cables!

461. I am grateful we have 2 vehicles so issues like ones this morning are not a big deal.
462. I am grateful for jumper cables.
463. I am grateful for YouTube videos that are well-done, informative, and confidence-building.
464. I am thankful the rest of my day can go on as planned.
465. I am thankful for my work-horse of a mini-van that just keeps going, and going, and going.

Happy Monday, folks. Hope yours is a better start than mine was.   
  

2 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

I admire your ability to use jumper cables. They scare the heck outta me!

I am LOVD said...

As long as you don't get yourself tangled up in them, you're fine:-)

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design