Friday, March 15, 2013

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 86.


Goodbye spending some "quality time" at the BMV, renewing my license, buying new tags, and getting an E-check for my car - oh the burdens of life.
Goodbye melting snow and wondering how amazing the ground is to soak up so much water. 
Goodbye thinking about organizing my home room by room ("thinking" being the operative word). 
Goodbye Joan of Arc trial at Kiddo's school (he was a French juror and still found Joan guilty of treason, but not guilty of herecy). 
Goodbye school schedule, school work, school commitments, because we're saying...


Hellooooo to SPRING BREAK; two-plus weeks of glorious rest and recuperation.
Hello checking out the new digs at the Cleveland Museum of Art.
Hello taking some day trips to explore some surrounding towns we've never been to.
Hello welcoming another beautiful J. Peterman Company catalog into the house (melt).
Hello seeing where the wind takes us each day and making sure we don't "schedule" much.

The Lesson Learned this week is a simple one: the reward is so much sweeter when you had to work your tush off for it! Kiddo has been burning the candle at both ends this past week. With getting to school a half hour early for play rehearsal, to studying for 5 tests in 5 days, to still keeping up with the homework and trumpet practice, as well; I can say that this Spring Break is one that has been EARNED by this Kiddo (I'd include myself in that). So, time to rest the mind, slow down the body, and recharge the soul. If he had to work this hard for 2-weeks off, what's involved in 2-months off? Something tells me when we start school again on April 2, it's full-speed ahead until summer vacation!!!! Whew!

Have a safe and happy St. Patrick's Day! And, check out the giveaway below!!!

 
Giveaway
Announcing the movie Return to Nim’s Island premiering on Hallmark Channel March 15th 2013 at 8/7C!

Return to Nim’s Island, the sequel to Walden Media’s 2008 box office hit Nim's Island, picks up the story a few years later with 14-year-old Nim (Bindi Irwin) more determined than ever to protect her island and the animals that call it home. With ruthless resort developers and greedy wildlife poachers threatening the existence she loves, Nim realizes she and her animal pals can’t defend their home alone. To save her island, she is forced to combine forces with an outsider: Edmund, a runaway from the mainland. Only with his help does she stand a chance of stopping the villains from dismantling her world.

Return to Nim's Island marks the debut of Walden Family Theater, presented by Walmart and P&G.  The new destination for family entertainment, exclusively on Hallmark Channel.
 


What You Can Win!
To be entered, all you have to do is leave a comment at this post. That's it! If randomly selected, you'll win a Return to Nim's Island Blu-Ray Combo Pack!

Winner selected on March 21!

Disclosure: I am working with Walden Media & Hallmark Channel, and Walden Media & Hallmark Channel supplied these materials to me to give away.

6 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Wah! I still haven't received my first J.Peterman catalogue....

I am LOVD said...

Oh, Suzan, that is very sad!!!!! But, hang in there, it's coming. I had to wait awhile until I received the first one. Then, after that, pure joy on a consistent basis!

I am LOVD said...

I took the quiz on what kind of explorer I am. I turned out to be a swashbuckler! Take the quiz and tell me what kind of explorer you are?

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Most surprising is that I am a Valiant Voyager....the most adventurous of all. I don't think my husband would agree.

I am LOVD said...

Valiant Voyager? I'm not surprised. I know you're spunky!!!

Laura G said...

Oh, just read your post, would have loved to have seen Return to Nim's Island. Sure would be excited if I won! Thanks for offer.

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design