Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What I Made Wednesday {Edamame Power Snack Bites}

Healthy snacking can be a challenge for all of us as we traverse the challenges a day can bring. I've discovered that if I have good choices readily available to me when the grumble stomach monster starts to gripe, then I'm more apt to grab the healthier snack and leave the empty calorie, over-processed convenience snack on the shelf.
My family loves edamame. We were unfamiliar with this soybean of wonder but discovered its tastiness only a couple of years ago. We've added edamame to our omelets, we've steamed edamame with a sprinkling of sea salt, and now, we're going to make edamame into a Power Snack.

What You'll Need
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons honey
10-ounce package of shelled edamame (thawed if frozen)
Kosher salt
pinch of chili or chipotle powder, optional
baking sheet
mixing bowl
mixing spoon
 



What You'll Do
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (177 degrees C).

Combine the oil, honey, and optional seasoning in your mixing bowl. Add the edamame and gently mix to coat. Spread the coated edamame onto a baking sheet and spread evenly into a single layer.



Bake 12 to 15 minutes total, stirring once half way to give the beans an even, golden-brown coloring. Place the roasted edamame into a bowl and sprinkle with kosher salt to your liking.


What You'll Need to Know to Finish
Varying the oven time will make the edamame more or less crunchy so adjust to your liking. The Edamame Power Snack Bites can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Here's to healthy snacking!

Source



Have you had the delight in trying edamame? 

9 comments:

Nicole said...

ooo that edamame with sea salt looks pretty yumsinthetums.

xo

Lefty said...

Edamame is a favorite around here! I have to call PEAS edamame so the kids will still eat it and we have a break from it...they could eat it ALL day if I would make it! Cannot wait to try another interesting recipe from you!

Catherine Fishback said...

Mmm... those look awesome!

XO,
Catherine (your newest follower)
FEST (a new blog about food, style & travel)

How to Nest for Less said...

PINNING THIS!!! Thanks so much for sharing this week :) Edamame is one of my favorite treats!

Kacey said...

Saw your post on It's a Blog Party. I've had edamame once before and was surprised at how good they were. Your picture sure makes me want to try out the recipe.

Meaghan said...

Found your post via the It's a Blog Party link party...i love edamame! I have a bag in the freezer that I should make today

-m
http://www.2sisters2cities.com/

Carla and Michael said...

Hi there. Visiting from The Weekly Round-Up.I love edamame and your version of edamame sounds and looks wonderful.I've only ever made it steamed or blanched with sea salt.This is a must try for me.
Thanks.

cathy@my1929charmer said...

This sounds great and I so love Edamame!! I don't want to miss out on this recipe, so I've pinned it! Thanks for the recipe, and my fingers are crossed that you will share at Sunday's Best Par.tay going on now. Too good not to share!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Gosh thanks so much for sharing this. I do love Edamame!!! Thanks for sharing your creative recipe at Sunday's Best. It was so sweet of you! PS - following you on Linky!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design