Wednesday, February 8, 2012

What I Made Wednesday {Valentine's Paint Chip Hearts Pennant}


If you've been around here long enough, you know I've got some strange obsession with using paint chip cards for crafts. I've made paint chip pennants for Independence Day and for Halloween . How could I possibly resist making one for Valentine's Day? Well, sometimes you just have to give-in to obsession, especially when my Scalloped Heart Paper Punch makes it so quick and easy. With the 40% off coupon, I got it for $10 at Michaels!

This craft is so quick, so simple, and so cute for Valentine's Day. If you're looking for something more to decorate the abode for the big lovey-dovey day, click here to check out last week's Rag Heart Wreath project, featured at the Fine Craft Guild; so quick and simple, and eco-friendly, too!

What You'll Need
Ginormous Scalloped Heart Paper Punch (cutting out each would just take too long!)
Tiny Hole Punch
Scissors (not pictured)
Thin String (I used crocheting yarn)
Selection of Paint Chip Samples, the wide kind, in your fave colors


What You'll Do
Take that handy, dandy Scalloped Heart paper Punch and begin punching away! I was able to get 2 hearts out of one wide paint chip card. I varied the way the white line went through the heart for some interesting variety.
Take your tiny hole punch and punch 2 holes in your scalloped heart, one on each side of the hump area of the heart.




What You'll Need to Know to Finish
Weave your thin yarn through each heart's tiny holes until you have them all on the string. Be sure to vary the colors for a more interesting look. Cut the string to length, tie the ends in a knot, and hang it in your desired location. Now you're ready for Valentine's Day next week! Enjoy your creation!


Changing topic, but I want you to know before Valentine's Day, I am in love with printables and I wanted to share this one with you from One Artsy Mama, click here. I printed out the pink one as a 5 x 7 inch version and framed it in a romantic, scrolled picture frame. I hope you check it out! It would go great next to your new pennant!







Do you decorate at all for Valentine's Day?

7 comments:

Betty Sneeringer said...

CUTE. I have been wanting to pick up some of these for bookmarks.

Betty

Chrissy said...

This is adorable!!

Craftberry Bush said...

So pretty...and you know I'm loving the colour combo....xo

Jaime Lyn said...

so so so oooosssoooo cute!!!!! :o)
Jaime

Meaningful Mama said...

I've been seeing such great ideas of things do do this paint chip samples. Love this!

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

Love what you've done with those paint chips and the colors are gorgeous. They just happen to be the new colors for my craft room :o)
Very creative and well done!

Unknown said...

That's just too cute! Great colors...and I love that paint chips are FREE! Thanks for sharing at Shine on Fridays!!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design