Monday, February 20, 2012

Gratitude Journal Monday

Happy Monday and Happy Presidents' Day! I hope you are one of the many enjoying a day off today. My mind drifts to Abraham Lincoln and the kind of man he was: confident, focused, steady. I bet he had an attitude of gratitude. I bet his successes focused, not on his lack, but rather on his reality, and acceptance of it. A knowing that what you currently have is all you need perpetuates confidence from within and generates focus and steadfastness. A thankful awareness must have been part of Abe's success. Shouldn't it be part of ours, too?

 161. I am so thankful to have been introduced to the game Apples to Apples this weekend; so much fun, so hilarious, great pick for a good-old-fashioned family game night.

162. I am grateful for all the kids we had over on Friday after the movie because it made my son so happy and really made his day, and mine, too!


163. I am grateful for the delicious scone recipe my bloggy friend Kelly from live.laugh.rowe shared this weekend - so YUMMY!


164. I am grateful for the beautiful sunshine that peeked through the clouds all weekend long because it had a way of putting a spring in our step and a song in our hearts.


165. Actually, the song in our hearts may have been from watching The Sound of Music. I am grateful my son can appreciate such a film and am amazed by his musical abilities, humming each song perfectly in tune, even days after seeing it. Check out his review here!


I hope you have a wonderful week. Start it off right by expressing some of your own gratitude, right here! Not sure where to begin, click here.

4 comments:

Chrissy said...

Hey. I really like this idea that you do, the gratitude journal. I ordered a couple personalized journals and I am going to start one for each of my boys. Thanks for the inspiration!! :)

momto8 said...

oh what a happy life when we count our blessings!!! and that joy is contagious too! My youngest son has been playing The Hills Are Alive everyday practicing for his rectial.. beautiful to hear!!
I am your newest follower...pls follow back if you can.
And happy presidents day!!

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Happy President's Day Lily. In Canada some provinces have a holiday today and some don't. British Columbia will begin their "family day" in 2013...at last!
Apples to apples sounds like Fun! I love word games and I'll be looking for it for our next gathering.

Anonymous said...

I've been thinkin' about Lincoln today as well. I've read that he had periods of depression - but I wonder if he needed time to be alone with his thoughts, ponder ideas... we don't do enough of that anymore, do we?

Cranberry scones! I have all of those ingredients in my home - maybe we'll try them this weekend.

Apples 2 Apples is my daughter's fave game! She received it for Christmas and even plays with her dolls when mamma isn't up for round 20000. ;0

Sound of Music? Swoon! They have the music cd at the library, which we check out and have to sing along. Right now we have the cd from My Fair Lady. Completely awesome.

xoxo michele

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design