Happy Monday and Happy Presidents' Day! I hope you are one of the many enjoying a day off today. My mind drifts to Abraham Lincoln and the kind of man he was: confident, focused, steady. I bet he had an attitude of gratitude. I bet his successes focused, not on his lack, but rather on his reality, and acceptance of it. A knowing that what you currently have is all you need perpetuates confidence from within and generates focus and steadfastness. A thankful awareness must have been part of Abe's success. Shouldn't it be part of ours, too?
161. I am so thankful to have been introduced to the game Apples to Apples this weekend; so much fun, so hilarious, great pick for a good-old-fashioned family game night.
162. I am grateful for all the kids we had over on Friday after the movie because it made my son so happy and really made his day, and mine, too!
163. I am grateful for the delicious scone recipe my bloggy friend Kelly from live.laugh.rowe shared this weekend - so YUMMY!
164. I am grateful for the beautiful sunshine that peeked through the clouds all weekend long because it had a way of putting a spring in our step and a song in our hearts.
165. Actually, the song in our hearts may have been from watching The Sound of Music. I am grateful my son can appreciate such a film and am amazed by his musical abilities, humming each song perfectly in tune, even days after seeing it. Check out his review here!
I hope you have a wonderful week. Start it off right by expressing some of your own gratitude, right here! Not sure where to begin, click here.