Thursday, January 10, 2013

What a Pain in the Tush

My blog has been bombarded by Comments from Anonymous sources leaving their links to sell my readers prescription drugs. Lately, I've been getting over 30 of these daily and I'm having trouble keeping up with deleting them and labeling each as Spam. You can't teach a computer new tricks so it hasn't "learned" that these types of comments are Spam. I swear this is bloggy torture equivalent to waterboarding OK, not really, but it's annoying nonetheless.

In an effort to stop these incessant comments from getting through the Spam blocker, I am forced to up the security on my Commenting page. My apologies, dear reader, but if you want to leave a comment, you'll have to enter the Validation ID. You know, the annoying pop-up window that gives you an obscure non-word and number to type-in so it doesn't think you're a computer (because we all know how well that distinction has been working out).

So, please, don't let the word verification discourage you from leaving a comment. It'll take a little more effort, yes, but at least you won't be brainwashed into buying generic drugs and I'll continue to keep my sanity. I'd love to keep hearing from you! Now, please leave me a comment to show me some love.

2 comments:

Betty Sneeringer said...


I am sorry you have been experiencing this problem. I hope the measure you have taken will be the end of it and that your nice comments will continue. Life IS really filled with both good and bad!

Suzan Wood-Young said...

I had to do the same a couple of weeks ago. I was getting very creative comments with links to some sort of dodgy investment blog.

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design