Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Gift Ideas for the Whole Family

I'm kinda an ambassador for Family Time: game nights, movie nights, taste-testing contests, hikes in the park. Yeah, I'm all about family togetherness because I know, all too well, as our son gets older, Family Time may be harder to come by and willingness may sadly diminish. I hope not, but it's the reality of growing up (why should it be any different than when we were their age?).

Spending some family time at a local toy store, I saw some pretty unique and interesting selections that I wanted to share with y'all. I haven't seen any of these products at the Big Box stores, so check online if you're local Mom-n-Pop Toy Store doesn't carry these awesome picks!

Suspend
I was playing this game by myself at the store for at least 15 minutes. Think of it as an upgrade on Pick-Up Stix. There are various bent wires with different colored rubber-dipped ends. You roll the die and what ever color comes up, you grab the bent wire of the same color and place it on the suspended wire. But be careful. You have to balance the wire without letting the others drop! Patience, Young Padawan, patience.

This game is so cool, so fun, and inexpensive at $12. And to top it off, it comes in a convenient little cylinder container for easy storage. So much fun and such a nice change for the famous Melissa & Doug brand, known for their wooden toy puzzles.




OgoSport
So fun, especially if you have high ceilings in your home. The ginormous paddles have comfortable handles and soft, fabric-like centers, creating a bouncy surface for the Koosh-type ball you can hit back and forth. It's fun, keeps the whole family active, and is safe for the indoors. The price isn't too shabby either at $30. 




Mod
These people are absolute geniuses! How LEGO, themselves, didn't think of this, I'll never know, but they didn't. LEGO fans, rejoice! The dilemma is a typical one to the young builder: you want to create an army with all your mini-figures, but you don't have many identical bodies to get the effect you were hoping for. You start cannibalizing pieces/parts from multiple sets but it's just not to your high standards. Stop forcing it: you now have Mod by BrickStix. These are removable stickers you can apply directly to your mini-figure LEGO bodies so you can actually have cohesion in your invading army - what a dream!

Mod has many different sticker themes including Special Forces, WWII, Medieval, and Zombie, to name a few. And, not just for mini-figure bodies. Did I mention they are REUSABLE!!! Not bad for $6 a pack. Seriously, pure genius! I can see LEGO kicking themselves right now.

 

Happy shopping and don't forget a gift for the whole family!

I was not compensated in any way for sharing these toys with you. I just thought these items were really cool!

2 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Great gift ideas Lilly! I may pick up a package of Mod to toss into the lego box at our place. No regular users here anymore but it does make an appearance for visitors.

Jillian Carreira said...

I am really loving the Suspend and Orgsport. It look like something I could enjoy doing with the kids. The problem is finding it in Trinidad or waiting for my husband to go to the states on boxing day :)
I am following you now and would love for you to follow along.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/2012/12/guardian-angel-working-overtime.html

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design