Tuesday, June 5, 2012

BlogHer's 2012 Voices of the Year Honoree


Pinch me, pinch me, pinch me. This can't be real, but it is! Over 1,700 submissions world-wide, all read by the BlogHer 2012 reader's committee, and they selected this LOVD post as 2012 BlogHer's Voices of the Year Honoree in the category of Identity. LOVD is one of sixteen Honorees chosen in this category and I can't tell you how elated I am to have my writing recognized by such a professional, respectable, and impactful organization in the blogging community (they are like the McDonald's of blogland, people!).

What I love is this award wasn't predicated on some kind of "popularity contest". They didn't choose my blog post because I had the most readership votes (that was another category). They looked at content and composition, not commonness. I can only speculate they chose my blog post because they liked the way it spoke to the hearts of so many (always a goal of each post written here). It resonated with all of us who are trying to find our way, our place in the world, figuring out ourselves as we simultaneously figure out the week's family dinner menu.

BlogHer, thank you for bestowing such an honor on this blogger as it ignites a passion when words and ideas sometimes fizzle out. Congratulations to my fellow Honorees. I'll be visiting your blogs very shortly and look forward to your insights! My sadness is not being able to join my fellow bloggers on stage at this year's BlogHer 2012 Conference in New York City and be honored properly and in-person. Any regret, however, is not due to missing out on the recognition, but rather the camaraderie with my fellow bloggers. I'll be there in spirit!


If you would like to get the full scoop, click here.
For a list of all the selected Honorees for each category, click here.

To God be the Glory!

13 comments:

Betty Sneeringer said...

Wow! Congratulations to you, Lilana. I knew when I, as a new blogger and new blog reader, first found your blog, that you have special ability for what you are doing. What an honor for you!

Betty

I am LOVD said...

Betty, thank you for your kindness and sweetness, always!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Lilly. What an honor! So happy that you are recognized for your talents and gifts - you are a blessing to many, including me.

xoxomichele

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Congratulations Lilly! What a wonderful honour!
Suzan

Chrissy said...

Congratulations, Lily! I love that post! You deserve this!

Pat said...

Lilly, what a great honor to be chosen for your writing skills!

What a wonderful feather in your cap!

Well deserved!

I am LOVD said...

Aww, you all are so, so kind! Thank you so much taking the time to support and encourage my efforts. I appreciate each of you so very much. hugs!

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Holy moley! I just noticed the BlogHer conference is going on while I'm in New York. Further investigation shows it's at my hotel. That's going to be crazy! :)

I am LOVD said...

Holey Moley no kidding!!!!! Go, go, go, and represent LOVD on my behalf girlfriend:-)

Rita Arens said...

Congratulations on this well deserved honor!

Suzan Wood-Young said...

It would be nice to go, but I'm really more committed to being a tourist with the 5 other ladies I'm travelling with. We're only there for 6 days when you take away the arriving and leaving and I'm not going to be able to see everything I want as it is. Perhaps another time, another location. ;)

Abbey D. said...

WOW congrats! I'm thoroughly impressed!

Live Laugh Rowe said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting :) I wish you were attending so that we could meet... Hugs, friend!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design