Friday, June 22, 2012

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 52.


Goodbye baseball game rain-out earlier this week (looks like our rain dance worked, friend).
Goodbye sprinkler time, pool time, sno-cone time, and fun times with precious friends.
Goodbye bathing suit shopping that had the potential for disaster but ended on a happy note thanks to Lands' End.
Goodbye heatwave that lasted all week, making me less than a happy mama.
Goodbye starting up at the links again with a brand new set of golf clubs for my growing kid.

Hello golf and baseball on schedule for the rest of the summer.
Hello to my kid swinging at something every day of the week.
Hello Super Hubby's birthday weekend and coming up with a way to make it special for my special guy.
Hello break in the heat and getting back to feeling normal.
Hello beginning jogging and feeling the ache in my muscles and knees, already.

My lessons learned this week is heat and humidity are not my friend. How do you girls in the hot States do it? Do you get used to it or something? This I know: it was in the 90's all this week and I was a hot mess! I had a headache every day. If you wanted to find me, you'd have to look for me in the air-conditioned house laying on the living room sofa with a cold compress glued to my head. How pathetic is that? I've got to do something to get used to functioning in this kind of heat or I may very well miss the entire summer! No, that is NOT happening!

Happy weekend, friends. I hope where ever you are, in what ever climate you live, you are comfortable.

Did you notice this is Lessons Learned #52? There are 52 weeks in a year so LOVD is coming up on its 1-year anniversary!!! If you like reading feel LOVD everyday, please consider becoming a Follower via Google Friend Connect (see it to the right?). I'm celebrating one year of blogging on June 26 and would love to have 100 Followers by then. Thanks so much for helping me achieve that goal!

2 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

So close Lilly! I think I'm number 98! I'm sure you'll make it before the 26th. Congrats on your dedication and hard work this past year. :)

Unknown said...

Happy blogiversary! Have a great rest of your week and happy birthday to your husband. :)
Carolyn http://sillyhappysweet.blogspot.com

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design