Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Celebrating a 1-year Blogiversary

272 Posts.
30,000 Page Views.
950 Comments.
65 Countries.

My jaw is to the floor, my heart flutters with astonishment, and my cup runneth over with the generosity you all have shown me in the past year. One year ago today I began feelLOVDeverday with one intention: to introduce my Etsy shop of handmade jewelry. A year later, the Etsy shop is still not open for business and my daily musings through words have become my main objective at this Internet address. Whether I've lost focus (highly probable) or found a new path (slightly possible), I know that I love to write, and so, I do. Having an actual audience, well, that's just a bonus. A bonus I appreciate tremendously because I did have a goal with my writings and I think that has been a constant: to uplift and inspire readers in a beautiful way. I wanted this place to be an escape from your daily grind, your moment of chaos, and offer a respite by sharing some hearts, laughs, and yes, even heartaches. My posts have always been rooted in truth and have always been an extension of my heart, shared with you. Thank you for sharing back.

My first post, a year ago today, helped me to snag the honor of BlogHer's 2012 Voices of the Year! Here's the link if you missed it. Click here.

The most popular What I Made Wednesday post was the Milemarker Bucket List Project when I turned 40 years old this year. If you missed it, click here.

And, Gratitude Journal Monday and Lessons Learned are the most popular posts each week. This gratitude photo alone was pinned 1,841 times on Pinterest.


So, dear readers, I humbly thank you for your commitment to stopping by and visiting this little ol' blog. It wouldn't be the same without you. Many bloggers say they'd keep writing posts, even if only their mom read them (thanks, mom). But to be honest, I'm not that dedicated without an audience (with the exception of my family). I write because I want to reach out, I want to spark a thought in you, or heal an emotional wound and tell you it'll be alright. I need that interaction, so if that makes me less of a pure blogger, than stuff me with fluff preservatives and call me a Twinkie. I need you, dear reader. Thank you for taking the time. Thank you for caring. Thank you for coming back. I only hope I continue to earn your views and clicks. LOVD tidings, Lilly


What would a 1-year celebration be without gifts?? Come back and check out the giveaway on Thursday!!!

4 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Congratulations Lilly!

I am LOVD said...

Thank you, Suzan. I can't believe I've got so much to say, every day!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, sweet Lilly. Looking forward to all of your thoughts and ideas and beauty in the new year to come. I personally have loved where the journey has taken you because I've been able to join you for a lot of it.

Happy Bloggy First Birthday.

xomichele

I am LOVD said...

Sweet, Michele, ditto! Thanks for so many great words directly from your heart.

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design