Monday, June 18, 2012

Gratitude Journal Monday

Super Hubby & Son on Father's Day
Security, a quiet companionship, support, trust, unconditional love: that is what my Dad, my Tata, gives to me. I'm my Daddy's sunshine, his only sunshine, and I don't tell him enough that he makes me happy when skies are gray. My Tata is patient, wise, reserved, and a man of few words, but when he does speak, you know it will be important, for no breath is ever wasted when it comes to my Tata's choice of words or message. His sense of humor comes out on rare occasions, but when it does you'll be in stitches for days. He listens, and listens, and listens. He's the person in my life that wants for my genuine happiness. What ever that turns out to mean for me, he's OK with it. One day I hope to grow up to be just like my Tata.

246. I am grateful to have such an honorable man for a father.
Tata & Grandson
247. I am grateful he taught me doing right is more important than being right.
248. I am grateful my patient Tata taught me how to drive.
249. I am grateful my Tata taught me about grace and humbleness.
250. I am grateful I have my Tata to learn from and enjoy, still today.


To my Tata and, of course, Super Hubby, and all you great dads out there, it is not the advice you give but rather the example you live that makes all the difference in your kid's life. Thank you!

Start your own gratitude journal today. Click here.

6 comments:

I am LOVD said...

The old saying goes, girls grow up and marry their father, meaning a boy with many similar qualities of dad. Super Hubby mirrors my Tata's honor, grace, righteousness, and humbleness. Both have extremely high standards of quality and hold the mantra of "if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right" to heart. My kid better be paying attention because he's got some great role models right in front of him!

Anonymous said...

We both are fortunate to have had fantastic fathers that wanted the best for us and married to hubby's that want the same for their children. For that alone I'm grateful. The friendship, the laughter, even the disagreements - it is all just icing on the cake.

Lovely post, Lilly.

xomichele

I am LOVD said...

So agree with you, dear Michele. Thanks so much for commenting!

Tales of Beauty For Ashes said...

Hey friend, thanks for stopping by my blog! Followed you back! :)

Debbiedoos said...

Beautiful! I have a wonderful husband who is the best Dad in the world. My boys are pretty darn lucky, and so am I!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Beautiful post of gifts. Love the sweet photos! #247... oh what a precious gift that is!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design