Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What I Made Wednesday {A Picture Tree of Memories}


Time to harvest our Picture Tree. As I pick the fruit of 2011 off its metal branches it takes me back to all the events and places we've been throughout the year and it reminds me how many experiences we've shared in the last 12 months.

By the end of the year our picture tree is toppling over with ticket stubs, party invites, and memories.

What You'll Need
Small picture frame
Poem printout (a LOVD original - e-mail me for PDF)
Standing wire photo tree

What You'll Do
LOVD readers are smart cookies so I'll spare the formalities.



What You'll Need to Know to Finish
I purchased the frame to match the finish of the photo tree. Place the photo frame beside the picture tree as explanation of the monstrosity of memories that begin to flourish in every direction on the photo tree. The tree looks so sad and lonely at the beginning of the year and by the end of the year, it's difficult to find a place on it to hold just one more ticket stub!



To make it easy on myself I place all the mementos of the year into a plastic storage bag, mark it with the year, and store it away. No mess, no fuss. It may not be fancy, but the memories are saved.


What do you do with all those memory-makers beyond pictures that define where you've been in a year?

3 comments:

Betty Sneeringer said...

This is a nice idea, especially for young people (families). I first thought I wouldn't have much to hang on my tree, mostly eating places. But, the more I thought about it the more I remembered things that would be on last years tree.

I am LOVD said...

Betty, Now that's an idea. A Foodie Tree of all the new restaurants you try in a year. You could grab their take-out menu when you leave and place it on your "Tree". That concept would force you to try new places you may not have thought of before.

Unknown said...

What a neat idea! Thanks so much for sharing at Shine on Fridays! A great way to remember all the fun of the past year!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design