Tuesday, January 8, 2013

A Matter of PERSPECTIVE

PERSPECTIVE 2013

What's in a word? A lot if you give it power. Each year many bloggers sit and ponder their word for the new year. Last year, for 2012, my word was "Better", click here to see the post. That idea really turned my intangible into tangible. I did "Do Better" and I got good at "Being Better". When you choose a word for the year, you become conscious of it and tend to ponder on it often. I not only gave the word "Better" power in my life, it seemed like it was nuclear-infused!

The year 2013 brings to my life a realization of the world around me. It's time I take my view of the world beyond my own borders and begin to put things into a new "Perspective". Sometimes I get into this funk I know it never happens to you. You know, those times when things just aren't going your way. Those moments when you think everyone is getting ahead and you're left behind eating their dust of glory and success. I've got to start declining the invitation to that "Self-Pity Party" because things are never as bad as they seem; at least not when you put things in perspective. Not when you begin to evaluate your life and circumstances from the angle of how far you've come, and not from how far you have yet to go.

It's time to get real, to shake of those gloomy glums and say, I've got a good life that has a promising future. In that, I can be happy. Don't let the joys of today get stolen from you because you long to have something bigger, better, more, more, more. Instead, enjoy what you have today, where you are today, and what you are doing today. Tomorrow will come without you longing for it. Just be in the moment and gain some perspective. You might be surprised at how enviable your current situation really is. Perspective.

What would be your word for 2013? 

2 comments:

Lefty said...

Right now, my word of the year would be highly inappropriate for this positive blog! It's been a really yucky morning, and I want to thank you because I got "perspective" from today's post. I really really needed it. So thank you for perspective and the insight that bigger, better things are on the horizon even though it does not feel that way right now!

I am LOVD said...

Oh, Lefty,
It's comments like yours that keep me doing this bloggy-thing! Thank you so much and remember, no matter how bad the day, there is only 24 hours of it. Tomorrow, we begin again, better and stronger! PERSPECTIVE;-)

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design