Wednesday, May 29, 2013

What I Made Wednesday {Shares on Display: VII}

I know, I know, I promised you the birthday party post today but, with this being the last week of school, I just don't have the time to do it any justice. I'm shooting for next week. But, seeing that it is the last week of school, I wanted to show you the last of the Shares on Display.

This month's theme was "What I want to be when I grow up". The case reads, "5th Graders Are Our Future". Those that signed up got to bring items that represented their future occupations and those students were highlighted in the display. But, I couldn't help but include the entire Class of 2020 in this final display of the year. I distributed index cards and had them write their name and future aspirations on the card. If they didn't know, no pressure, they just wrote their name on the card.

I took all the cards and made them form a huge letter "H" representing the name of our school. This is going to take some trial and error to get all the cards to fit into the letter you are trying to create. Don't give up! If, in your case, you have some cards left over, you can always scatter them around in the background. To help the "H" stand out better, I took a black permanent marker and outlined the letter. Much better and I highly recommend this extra step!

Then, on a Dollar Store run, I found these inspirational wall stickies that I just couldn't pass up. To my surprise, they stuck like glue to the paper background! Awesome!

To pizazz it up a bit, I layered the floor of the case with sparkly streamers for better visual effect.

Well, that's that. An entire year of displays where we involved every 5th grader. I had a blast doing it and it really did spruce up the hallway. If you want to see all the display cases, here's a compiled list of them all. I hope this inspires you to volunteer at your school, take over a case, and be as creative as you can be!


All done! See how sad an empty case can look.

No comments:

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design