Friday, October 7, 2011

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 15.

Goodbye hanging out with great gal pals crafting, talking, antiquing, lunching, sharing.
Goodbye perfect autumnal weather filled with golden sunshine and crimson leaves.
Goodbye meeting my beautiful, new God-daughter as she slept so sweetly and soundly in my arms.
Goodbye learning jewelry photography techniques by the seat of my pants - I think I can, I think I can.
Goodbye to our lifetime's number one rainmaker, Steve Jobs.

Hello discovery of a new world; thanks for the long weekend, Mr. Columbus.
Hello family time and some down time.
Hello yard ornaments waiting to be wrapped in burlap and tucked away for their winter hibernation.
Hello new, multi-seasonal craft project I can't wait to share with you.
Hello Indian corn, rustling leaves, scarecrows, and apple cider.

My fun lovin' son, circa Fall 2005

This week I learned greatness is immortal, but even "Superman" has an expiration date. And when the flesh of greatness disappears from the world, you are left with legend and legacy. Regarding the death of Steve Jobs, "We all knew it was going to happen, we all didn't want it to happen. Yet, when it finally happened, we all couldn't believe it happened." - Mark, my insightful husband.

To read my admiration for Steve Jobs when he stepped down as CEO of Apple, click here.
To read my husband's tribute to Steve Jobs on his death, click here.
Time to move forward.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Love the photos of that cute little boy. He has certainly grown into a fine young lad!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design