Friday, October 28, 2011

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 18.

Party at The Wiegand's this Weekend!

Goodbye sweet, soggy October as I appreciated each day you gave me.
Goodbye sleep and regular heartbeat as I just saw the scariest movie ever - Paranormal Activity.
Goodbye short week at new school as we hear praise, accolades, and insight for our son at parent/teacher conferences - we're right where we belong.
Goodbye sleepover and getting spoiled at grandparents' house - lucky kid.
Goodbye ghosts, goblins, and ninjas, oh my!


Hello linky party at the Wiegand's (see that cute button over there to the right at the bottom of the column or the link at the top of this post? Consider it your invite).
Hello birthday bowling party with crashing of pins in the alley and in my head - where's the Excedrin?
Hello "classic" family fun enjoying the world-renowned Cleveland Orchestra at their annual Halloween Family Concert.
Hello new followers - I am so excited to meet and get to know each of you better in our bloggy world.
Hello November quietly entering our lives with grace, beauty, and promise. Thank you.



Sneak peak of my Jump Ring Jewelry line: Royal Pearl Bracelet
The lesson I learned this week is I have to stop blaming my delayed, yet-to-be open Etsy shop on my lack of photography skills. That excuse has become old and has been running off the tongue a bit too naturally, lately. My new reason: fear; not so much fear of failure; that  I can handle; in that I have experience. No, it's the fear of success. It's how life may change if I actually start to get orders. Fear, fear. I'm completely relying on God for this and I'm s-l-o-w-l-y taking steps to see if I'm being guided by God...but the excuses come too easily. I've scratched away at the surface of my delay and here is what I've come up with: I must set fear aside making progress, regardless how minimal, each day toward the goal and believe He is with me, holding me up, never letting me fall, guiding me on this journey. In this I must trust and I want to honor that statement in doing something, anything, that helps me move forward toward my goals. Fear of failure doesn't bother me, but taking it one step at a time will, hopefully, lead me to where I was meant to be during this season in my life.


Dear friends, I hope you enjoy a weekend as beautiful as you! What are your plans?

2 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Lovely jewelery Lilly! I look forward to your Etsy page. As for the weekend, I'm hoping for good weather so I can hike to the top of The Lady of the Mountain. Fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

It has been such a honor to have spent the last few months getting to know you! Don't worry about perfect photos - all of us followers can see your beauty - and join you in this new exciting journey of your Etsy shop!

This weekend we are cleaning up closets for winter prep, buying more pumpkins (I have a serious addiction to homemade roasted pumpkin seeds) and roasting marshmallows around the fire pit.

Hope you have a great weekend!

xoxo michele

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design