Friday, August 12, 2011

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 7.

Oops, we got off the trail (and had a blast)
Goodbye perfect weather.
Goodbye hiking adventures.
Goodbye baby tooth (1st molar).
Goodbye making new friends.
Goodbye and well wishes to "little kids" going off to college in a blink of an eye.

Hello big milestone birthday celebrations.
Hello picnic by the pond.
Hello weeding the garden and mowing the lawn.
Hello trying new recipes.
Hello sneak peaking the Avengers movie-set as they setup to film downtown.

Favorite gazebo at Holden
This week I learned being content is not the same as being complacent. It's OK to be happy where you are at in life at this very moment. Don't waste the present by always striving for something else in the future. And just because you like where you are at right now doesn't mean you are complacent. It just means you're happy and there is nothing wrong with that. I am not anti-ambition, trust me. But if you are continually striving for something more, then you are really missing being happy with what you have and who you are right now.






What are you saying goodbye and hello to this week?

4 comments:

tallyogagirl said...

I love this blog! I am saying "goodbye" to Christian as he starts his journey at Hiram College tomorrow and "hello" to my new journey cherishing the memories I have of the last 18 years with him~

I am LOVD said...

Thanks for the compliment and the comment! I hope to see you around here some more:-) Enjoy your journey down memory lane.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog!! It is truly inspiring and the recipes look oh so yummy! The pictures of your adventures and family are wonderful! Way to go Lilly!! Also, I will definitely be using the posts on Amish country! Phenomenal!

I am LOVD said...

Let me know if you have as much fun in Amish country as we do!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design