Friday, August 26, 2011

Goodbye Week. Hello Weekend. Lessons Learned: Take 9.


Goodbye morning mist of dew greeting us each morning.
Goodbye first day of school jitters.
Goodbye trying to figure out what to do with myself each day.
Goodbye figuring out the carpool line; it's old hat by now.
Goodbye ice cream truck treats for dessert.

Hello camping-themed birthday party that will last late into the night.
Hello date night with super-hubby at a local vineyard.
Hello figuring out my new photo tent and how it's supposed to help me take awesome pictures.
Hello slow-moving photo shoot for my jewelry in my Etsy shop
(opening soon!!!).
Hello realization that I'll always have a to-do list, no matter how many cross-offs I make in a day.

The lesson I learned this week is more like a rule of life. If anything is worth having, worth doing, worth one's time and energy to accomplish, then a sacrifice, not a compromise, must always be made. People are scared of the word "sacrifice". It sounds so painful. The word "compromise" seems so much more pleasant to both parties, now doesn't it? But if you're always compromising, it means you're only getting half of what you really deserve. Is that what you want, half? I'd rather get all of what I want some of the time than half of what I want all of the time. The gain always comes after the give. It's just the way it is; accept it. Some times the sacrifice is time, sometimes it's frustration or having to do something you don't want to do or stepping out of your comfort zone. But if you're willing to make the sacrifice for the betterment of a situation, another person, or one's self, the reward will be paid back in double measure. Double for your trouble is the prize from the hardship and that realization is the steam in my locomotive that keeps me chug, chug, chugging away to get over that big ol' mountain top.


Did you have to climb any mountains this week? Did you compromise or sacrifice to get over to the other side? The choice is in the result you want. Keep chug, chug, chugging!

No comments:

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design