Tuesday, March 6, 2012

I Surrender All

Sometimes I'm slow on the uptake. At times it takes me a few tries to finally get it. But, I think I'm finally seeing the bigger picture. I'm realizing and, more importantly, accepting that I am not in control. Have you arrived to this conclusion, or are you still thinking your path is directed by you, and you alone?

I used to think I had a handle on every aspect of my life. I wrote down my life's plan at the age of 20; really quite laughable now if I were to look back at my grand plans from long ago. But that was the young girl who didn't know any better. The naive little go-getter that mistakenly thought if she pushed hard enough, long enough, she could force doors to be open to her. Ha! I've come a long way from those frustrating, exhausting days, but before I could gain that understanding, I had to give up my controlling ways. I had to really and truly surrender all I had, all that I was, to a Higher Power.
Purchase this painting here.

It's amazing how freeing such a drastic change feels, so exhilarating. At first it's a little scary. When things aren't going your way, you start to settle back into your old ways like you would curling up in an old, beat-up comfy chair that beckons an escape in times of crisis. Just like putting on a familiar pair of worn jeans, you begin to manipulate situations or take matters into your own hands, just like before. But then you STOP because you remind yourself of your surrender to Him.

 Some Guidance When Surrendering All
1. It all begins with a simple declaration that you finally realize your life is not under your control and you give Spirit full reign over it. You can't just think it, you have to say it.

2. You stop worrying about the situation, about circumstances, about the future, because you know it's out of your control.

3. You start praying for guidance and that your path be made clear to you, but you know, if you miss it, you'll get another chance.

4. You wait, and you wait, and you wait. When you surrender all, you cross over to another time zone, God's, not your own. You may have to wait a long time for your dreams to be realized or your problems to be resolved, but God is never late in His timing for when it is supposed to happen.

5. You have to trust that it will work out the way it was intended to be. It goes beyond believing. You have to know. All doubt is erased.

6. You have to listen and follow your heart when there is action to be taken, then you have to take action. Surrendering all does not mean to lock yourself up in a closet and sit there waiting for something to happen. It means doing what you feel needs to be done at that particular time. Do what you can do, and He will do what you cannot do.

How do you know if the action you do take is right? 
You don't, but you take action anyway. If it's not going your way and you feel you're pushing a concrete boulder up a hill, then it's probably either not the right timing for that action, or the right action itself. Try. If it's meant to be, trust me, you will be amazed as to the people that will give you favor, or the opportunities that present themselves so effortlessly, and the incredible life that awaits your true, authentic-self.

Want a copy? Just e-mail me!
I have gained wisdom in this area only by testing the limits of this premise. I have personal testimonials that you just wouldn't believe. Some say my "proof" is coincidence, but I don't believe in coincidence. Many say my success is founded on my hard work and perseverance. I say my actions were God-led. If you think me wrong, that is your opinion. But, I know that I know that I know that life has never been more sweeter, more richer, more simpler since I surrendered all.

Have anything else to add to my list?

4 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

Given up your controlling ways huh? You should re-read what you posted on my blog for March 3rd. LOL!

I am LOVD said...

Suzan,
;-)

Srividhya R said...

This post is really amazing...I landed in your blog in search for something else, and I got to read some thing different and worthier....nice post...I love this attitude towards the Universe...I wish I get it one day :)

I am LOVD said...

Epic Fairy, I prayed this post would reach someone's heart in a direct way and it looks like my prayer was answered. I'm so glad you found it!

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design