Thursday, March 22, 2012

Super Woman Revisited

The day I wrote this post, I received this book in the mail later that same day because I'm participating in an online, virtual book club. After reading only one chapter, it inspired today's post. You can get your copy here!
I had no intention of going deeper with this post, but after some reflection and a gentle nudging of the heart, I thought we should take a closer look. If you read the post, you'll see wonderful comments from readers commending my organizational skills and my multi-tasking abilities. But friends, it's not what you do, it's how you see yourself. I never mentioned how long those neatly folded clothes sat in the laundry basket before being put away, now did I? Read the post if you haven't already, then come back and continue reading this one, because I've got a secret to share.

Source
Super Woman is YOU, too! And, you've got to start saying it before you're able to believe it. Too bold you say? Absolutely not! And no one, not anyone, deserves the title more than you! If you don't own it, if you don't say you are Super Woman, then who will tell it to you? Who's going to pat you on the back today for a job well done? Who's going to give you a standing ovation for getting dinner on the table despite the day's chaos and calamities? Who's going to whisper into your ear, "Great going, today," as you lift your feet off the floor for another night's rest? Who? If not you, then who?

Get it? You need to do it, you need to say it. It's about time you see yourself, not for all of your overblown, exaggerated faults and weaknesses, but instead for your understated, watered-down brilliance, wonderfulness, and amazingness. We need to turn those around.

You are Super Woman. I don't care what you didn't get done today or the mistakes you've made that you think will stop the world from spinning. Regardless of all that, YOU ARE AMAZING. Say it, don't be embarrassed. If you don't say it, trust me, no one else will. And, the more you say it, the more you believe it and start to live it.




Sing it from the hilltops, Fraulein Maria, because YOU ARE AMAZING! YOU ARE SUPER WOMAN!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Lilly. Thank you for the encouragement, no matter what the state of my house/laundry/etc. is.

xoxo michele

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design