Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What I Made Wednesday {St. Patty's Day Decor}

Calling young lassies and lads! Until I started blogging and visiting with other bloggers, I never, ever would have taken the effort or time to put up decorations for St. Patrick's Day. I skipped it entirely going from Valentine's Day right into Easter decor in a blink of a weekend. But, thanks to the creativity of so many awesome bloggers coupled with my Pinterest addiction, well, I just couldn't resist. Their projects are so stinkin' cute, I was inspired to come up with one of my own.


Because I'm not a fanatic about St. Patty's Day, I really didn't want to spend a dime on decorating for it. I used left over alphabet stickers and scrapbook paper from this project, and left over glitter paper from this project. I was all set to create cuteness on a budget. And, I did it all while watching Sunday Morning if you watched it this past week, wouldn't you say Cindy Crawford is aging well, a bit too well.

What You'll Need
Alphabet stickers 
Scrapbook papers
Needle
Thread
6 Pom-poms
Glue
2 Clothespins
Puffy foam mounting stickers
Scissors
Pencil and Green marker
Paper cutter (optional)
Tiny hole punch (optional)

What You'll Do
Cut one scrapbook paper a little taller than your tallest letter sticker.
Mark a line across the middle of the cut paper on the backside. Mark the center of the paper and draw a diagonal line from the paper's center mark to the center line. Cut along the lines.
Stick letter in center of cut pennant to spell out your word or phrase. I chose "Lucky Me".
Cut the coordinating scrapbook paper and cut slightly taller than the pennant piece.


 

Take the foam sticker place holder and sandwich it between both scrapbook papers to add dimension.






Hole punch pennant and double thread your needle. Start by threading a pompom onto the thread, then alternate between each pennant letter and a pompom for the word "LUCKY".


Color the clothespins with green marker.
Apply glue to one side of the clothespin and attach to the backside of the "ME" pennant letters.




What You'll Need to Know to Finish
Hang the "LUCKY" pennant. After drying, attach the "M" and "E" pennant to the bottom of the "C" pennant.

I hung my pennant against a mirror and was bothered that I could see the wording of the paper behind one of the pennants. To remedy this compulsive side of my character, I glued a cut-to-size scrapbook piece to the backside of the culprit. Problem solved!


So go ahead and take a little time to work on this wee project. You'll feel lucky!
To make the shamrock above, click here. To get the free printable, click here.

So, do you decorate for St. Patrick's Day?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are partly Irish and love this! :)

I am LOVD said...

So looks like you’ll be celebrating a wee bit! Did you see my pin on Pinterest for the St. Patty’s Day cupcake?

http://pinterest.com/pin/269441990176250277/

Suzan Wood-Young said...

So cute! and I love the pok-a-dot shamrocks.

I am LOVD said...

Thanks, Suzan. You rock like a shamrock!!!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Love this so much! We are going to have a St. Patrick's Day party here!

blessings,
karianne

momto8 said...

looks fabulous!! and so festive!! I know exactly what you mean...I am decorating now all over the place...cooking new recipes too! everyone seems happy with this new situation.
happy evening.

How to Nest for Less said...

I've seen a couple of these over the web recently for St. Patty's Day, but I have to say yours is THE CUTEST!! Love, love, love!! Thanks so much for sharing this week, too!

cathy@my1929charmer said...

I really like it, and love the pok a dot shamrocks. You really rocked on this one, and very festive. Guess you will be celebrating! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

Rose :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

this is so festive and fun. am sure you are going to have a lucky day...

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design