Monday, March 12, 2012

Gratitude Journal Monday

The alarm starts buzzing at 5:00 am. It's the time I get up to blog the day's post. I figure I have until 6:15 am to get it all written, photos edited and all, and still get in the shower and wake up my son by 7:00 am. But, thanks to Day Light Saving, today's 5:00 am is really like 4:00 am.

I snooze the alarm once, twice, three times until I finally get up. All the while I'm not going back to sleep, I'm thinking. I'm thinking that getting up to write today's Gratitude Journal entries is not a favor I'm doing for somebody else, I'm doing it for me. So I tell myself, "Stop seeing this as an obligation. I'm the one who benefits." I look at the clock, 5:25 am. Time to get up to write this post: not because I have to, but because I want to. How about you? Not sure what a Gratitude Journal is all about? Click here and find out.

176. I am grateful my son decided his birthday party theme for this year - it's going to be tons of fun to plan! What do you think it is?

177. I am grateful my son still wants me to play imagination games with him. Yesterday in his room we were crew mates on a ship sailing uncharted waters seeking our fortunes, fighting a giant octopus, and scally-wagging the high seas.


178. I am grateful for my neighbor's good, kind heart. She borrowed a cheap, plastic Tupperware apple slicer from me and accidentally broke it. She felt so bad she bought me a Pampered Chef, stainless steel, heavy-duty apple slicer to replace it. I told her it wasn't necessary to replace but she did, so her guilt was my gain and I'm thankful for my new, beautiful slicer that's so much better than my old one.



179. I am grateful I'm becoming comfortable at being myself more and more everyday.

180. I am thankful for all of you who entered to win the McDonald's giveaway. The winner will be announced tomorrow so there's still time for more entries!!! So many ways to win great prizes!


Have a terrific Monday!
 

Just click that cute little button below, that's it! Thanks!
Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally guessing a Lego's party.

Missed you this weekend and thought of you often - hopefully there will be an upcoming blogger conference somewhere between where you and I live.

xoxo michele

momto8 said...

we just had a star wars party...way fun...i am the leading expert in light sabers now.

Michelle said...

I have a guess, but I think that I have inside knowledge that eliminates me from legally entering this guessing game :)

Suzan Wood-Young said...

I went to add a P.S. to my reply to you and realized a huge oversight in my gratitude journal today. If you have time to go back, check out my addition #104.

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design