Tuesday, March 20, 2012

No She Didn't

I was filling out the grueling, unending, online forms for my son's summer camp class for this year. By the time I got to filling in the parent information screen, I came across the field that asked for Mother's Occupation. First, I typed "Homemaker" - delete. Then, I typed "School Volunteer" - delete. Next, I typed "Blogger, Jewelry-Maker, College Consultant, Retired Engineer" - delete, delete, delete, delete.

I looked around and was surrounded by a clean floor, a cleared table, a pan soaking from tonight's home-cooked meal, an iron warming up and at the ready for Super Hubby's dress shirts, laundry neatly stacked waiting to be put away, paid bills awaiting their postal stamp ready to be sent, and car keys laid on the table to a minivan that drives to more extra-curriculars than events at the Olympic games. My eyes concentrated back to the Occupation field and I typed the only job I knew to describe it all. And yes, not changing a thing, I hit send!


My printed copy.

And you are, too!!! Happy Spring, friends!

7 comments:

Suzan Wood-Young said...

That you are! It sounds like you're very well organized. What's your secret? I refer to the Flylady website mostly but make a few changes to make it work better for me. And then sometimes it just all goes to pot. I'd love it if you'd share some of your hints here.

Lefty said...

THAT IS AWESOME!
Someone is going to get a good chuckle out of that one when they read it....but then hopefully realize "that is SO true!" Glad you sent it!

Craftberry Bush said...

Love this...:). Made me smile from ear to ear...xo

Betty Sneeringer said...

You sound like a super woman to me!

Betty

KimMalk said...

Congratulations on your organized, clean home! I think Super Woman is a great description. I'll bet your family feels well loved--no better credential than that!

Anonymous said...

So glad you let your true colors show! Your family is blessed beyond measure.

xoxo michele

Hubby said...

Blessed we are.

 

Back to TOP

Boutique Blog Design